Friday, August 24, 2007

2006 Santa Rita Reserva Sauvignon Blanc



For my first wine I begin with the 2006 Santa Rita Reserva Sauvignon Blanc. A pleasant white wine from Chile (that’s in South America), this Sauvignon Blanc has a nice mix of citrus flavors, most notably grapefruit.
I purchased this wine at a local wine & beer store for $15.99, a good $4 under my budget of $20. To go with this wine, I had a salad for dinner which included baby spinach, romaine lettuce, feta cheese, a fat-free sun dried tomato dressing, and grilled chicken. The grapefruit and citrus flavors of the Sauvignon Blanc was a nice compliment to the slight salty flavor of the feta cheese and and the earthiness of the dressing.
While it was certainly a quality Sauvignon Blanc, it probably could have used another year of aging to take away some of the fruitiness of the wine. If you do try this one I’d say sit on it for 6 months to a year to let it really age.
I give the 2006 Santa Rita Reserva Sauvignon Blanc 3 stars out of 5.

No comments: