Friday, May 30, 2008

Mirassou Pinot Noir


I'm a big fan of pinot noir. A really big fan of pinot noir. Because of this, I'm always happy to find a pinot noir that fits into my budget, which is exactly what I did with the Mirassou pinot noir. I drank this particular wine over Memorial Day weekend with a NY Strip that I personally seasoned and grilled to perfection. It was great.


The combination of the flavors from the meat and the smooth, rich flavors from the wine made for a truly enjoyable meal. Finding a pinot noir for under $10 ($8.99 at my local store) is a great find in itself, but finding one that can compliment a fine meal and be enjoyed well after the meal has been finished is an amazing find.


If you're in the market for a pinot noir that's smooth with no after taste and will compliment a good steak dinner, you can't go wrong with the Mirassou pinot noir from California. For the price, there really isn't any beating it. I give Mirassou Pinot Noir 4 stars out of 5. A definite must buy.

No comments: